Visitors to Cherbourg-en-Cotentin are sure to enjoy the waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, musical theater, and aquarium. In Cherbourg-en-Cotentin, there are 17 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Cherbourg-en-Cotentin
Cultural venues in the city include Thomas Henry Museum, Cite de la Mer, and Liberation Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Holy Trinity Basilica and Emmanuel Liais Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Cherbourg-en-Cotentin. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Mercure Cherbourg Centre Port - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Appart'City Cherbourg Centre Port - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this vacation rental. This 3-star residence features free WiFi, parking, and laundry facilities.
- Hôtel Le Louvre - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Cherbourg-en-Cotentin
With so many ways to get around, exploring Cherbourg-en-Cotentin is a breeze. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Cherbourg-Octeville Station. You can take a ferry from the port.
Dressing for Cherbourg-en-Cotentin
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 39°F
- From April to June, the average is 66°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and 40°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.06 inches of rain falls on Cherbourg-en-Cotentin each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 67°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 39°F