Visitors to Castlemaine are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's football games and coffeehouses. A top sight in the area is Gap of Dunloe.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Castlemaine
- The closest major airport is in Killarney (KIR-Kerry) 11.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Cahirciveen (CHE-Reeroe) 45.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Castlemaine
A favorite place to visit in the city is Ardcanaght Stones. Additionally, you'll find Gap of Dunloe in the area.
This is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Murphy's Farmhouse - Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free WiFi and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
Dressing for Castlemaine
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 38°F
- About 36.14 inches of rain falls on Castlemaine each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 66°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 37°F