Visitors can enjoy all that California has to offer including its golf courses. You'll find 90 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Columbia. The closest major airport is in Versailles, MO (VRS-Roy Otten Memorial Airfield) 35.4 from the city center. The next closest is in Columbia, MO (COU-Columbia Regional) 35.9 away.
Sightseeing and Staying in California
Favorite places to visit in the city include Moniteau County Courthouse, Main Street Baptist Church, and California Country Club. Additionally, you'll find Runge Nature Center and Eagle Bluffs Conservation Area in the area.
As you plan your getaway to California, you may not find the perfect place to stay centrally, but below are lodging choices around the area.
- California Motel is located 1.7 mi from the heart of California. This 2.5-star motel in California features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk.
- Wingate by Wyndham - Columbia is 27.3 mi from the center of California. This 3-star hotel in Columbia features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Columbia, MO is 27.5 mi from central California. This 2.5-star hotel in Columbia features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for California
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 21°F at night
- About 42.64 inches of rain falls on California each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 23°F