Visiting Broken Hill
Bargain hunters enjoy visiting Broken Hill though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's safari tours, golf courses, and spas.
- There are 30 hotels and other accommodations in Broken Hill
- The closest major airport is in Broken Hill, NSW (BHQ) 27.5 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Broken Hill
Cultural venues in the city include Royal Flying Doctor Service, Royal Flying Doctor Visitor Centre, and GeoCentre. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are The Bruce Langford Visitors Centre and South Broken Hill Golf Course.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 30 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Broken Hill. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Red Earth Motel - This 4-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Emaroo Cottages Broken Hill - This 4-star guesthouse features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour business center.
- Imperial Fine Accommodation - This 4.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Getting Around Broken Hill
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Broken Hill Station. Broken Hill may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Broken Hill
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 90°F and the nighttime average to be 51°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 77°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 39°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 90°F during the day and 49°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Broken Hill is 10.00 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 40°F