Search Berlin, Brandenburg Region Hotels from AU$56
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 20 Sep. 2020
Where to stay in Berlin
4.5/5Wonderful!(263 area reviews)
Berlin’s central district is a convergence of quaint residential streets, sprawling Soviet squares and some of Europe’s most revered museums.
4.5/5Wonderful!(37 area reviews)
The glamorous heart of former West Berlin remains one of Berlin’s most coveted neighborhoods and the city’s premier retail destination.
4.5/5Wonderful!(20 area reviews)
One of Berlin’s coolest neighborhoods has a long history of youthful indulgence, a diverse ethnic population and some of the city’s best entertainment precincts.
4/5Very Good!(29 area reviews)
Straddling the eastern side of the River Spree, this former industrial precinct is today the home of some of Berlin’s most progressive nightclubs.
Romantic cobbled streets, lazy weekend breakfasts and a lively flea market have made this district a favorite among families and young couples.
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Berlin, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, important monuments, and renowned art. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its architecture, shopping, and theaters. Top sights in the city include Reichstag Building, Brandenburg Gate, and Checkpoint Charlie Museum.
- There are 1008 hotels and other accommodations in Berlin
- The closest major airport is in Berlin (TXL-Tegel) 5.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Berlin (SXF-Schoenefeld) 17.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Berlin
Known for its museums, art, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include Checkpoint Charlie Museum, Museum Island, and DDR Museum. The city is notable for its monuments and landmarks like Brandenburg Gate, Alexanderplatz, and Victory Column. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Galeries Lafayette, Europa Center, and Department Store of the West.
In Berlin, there are 1008 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Mittendrin - Boutique Hotel Berlin - This 3-star pension in Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf features free breakfast, free WiFi, and laundry facilities.
- Gorki Apartments Berlin MItte - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to public transit at this apartment. This 5-star apartment in Mitte features free WiFi, conference space, and concierge services.
- Ferienapartment Berlin Prenzlauer Berg - Located in Pankow, this 3-star apartment features a kitchen, free WiFi, and a furnished balcony.
Other favorite sights in Berlin include Reichstag Building, Berlin Zoological Garden, and Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church.
Getting Around Berlin
With so many choices for transportation, seeing all of Berlin is easy. You can access metro transit at Hansaplatz U-Bahn, Bellevue S-Bahn, and Tiergarten S-Bahn. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Berlin Zoological Garten Station, Berlin Central Station, or Potsdamer Platz Station.
Dressing for Berlin
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 27°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 72°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 74°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- Berlin gets about 23.74 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 28°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Berlin?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Berlin, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Berlin?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Berlin?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to Berlin?
What is the top LGBTQ-friendly accommodation in Berlin?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Berlin?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Berlin?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Berlin?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Berlin?
What's the best hotel in Berlin to absorb the local history?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Berlin?
Recent Reviews in Berlin
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Berlin airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Berlin?
- Where to stay near top Berlin attractions?
- More accommodation types in Berlin
- What kind of hotels are in Berlin?
- Which hotel chains are in Berlin?
- What are the most popular hotels in Berlin?
- Are there hotels near Berlin?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends