Search Basel, Basel-Landschaft Hotels from AU$103
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Basel, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, art, and festivals. Top sights in the city include Messeturm Basel, Basel Town Hall, and Basler Muenster.
- There are 125 hotels and other accommodations in Basel
- The closest major airport is in Basel (BSL-EuroAirport) 6.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Mulhouse (MLH-EuroAirport) 6.3 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Basel
Known for its museums, art, and festivals, the city's cultural venues include Basel Historical Museum, Beyeler Foundation, and Pharmacy Museum Basel. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Messeturm Basel, Basler Muenster, and Spalentor. Other notable sights to explore include Basel Town Hall and Basel Zoo.
In Basel, you'll be able to select from 125 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- B&B Pappelweg - 2 - Amenities in this 2-star B&B guestroom include free WiFi and an LED TV. Expedia travelers love its nice bathrooms.
- GAIA HOTEL - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a bar.
- B&B Auf dem Wolf - St. Jakob - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a spa tub, along with free WiFi.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Parc Expo de Mulhouse, located 18.4 mi (29.7 from the center of the city.
Getting Around Basel
With so many transportation options, exploring all of Basel is easy. Walk to nearby metro stations like Marktplatz Tram Stop, University Tram Stop, and Riehen Niederholz S-Bahn. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Basel SBB Station, Basel Bad Station, or Weil Am Rhein Station.
Dressing for Basel
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 79°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 32°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Basel is 1.14 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 77°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 31°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Basel?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Basel, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Basel?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday in Basel?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday to Basel?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Basel?
What's the best luxury hotel in Basel?
What's the best boutique hotel in Basel?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Basel?
What's the best hotel in Basel to be near historical sites?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Basel?
Recent Reviews in Basel
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Basel?
- Where to stay near top Basel attractions?
- More accommodation types in Basel
- What kind of hotels are in Basel?
- Which hotel chains are in Basel?
- What are the most popular hotels in Basel?
- Are there hotels near Basel?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends