Search Athlone, County Westmeath Hotels from AU$83
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 23 May 2018
History buffs will enjoy exploring Athlone, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront and lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its golf courses. Top sights in the city include Temples, Clonmacnoise, and Museum. In Athlone, there are 15 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Athlone
The city's cultural venues include Museum and Luan Gallery. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Temples, Clonmacnoise, and Athlone Castle. Golfing is just one of the top activities, while Athlone Golf Club and Glasson Golf & Country Club are sights to visit.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Athlone. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Shelmalier House - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Glasson Country House Hotel & Golf Club - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a golf course, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Sheraton Athlone Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Athlone
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Athlone Station. Athlone may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Athlone
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 67°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 59°F during the day and 36°F at night
- About 32.01 inches of rain falls on Athlone each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 66°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 36°F