Visitors to Achnasheen are sure to enjoy the bars and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its forests.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodations in Achnasheen
- The closest major airport is in Stornoway (SYY) 79.4 from the city center
- The next closest is in Inverness (INV) 82.3 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Achnasheen
The city's natural beauty is on display at Loch Maree, Beinn Eighe Nature Reserve, and Coire Mhic Fhearchair. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Beinn Eighe and Liathach.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Achnasheen. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Kinlochewe Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Ledgowan Lodge Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Achnasheen
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Achnasheen Station. Achnasheen might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Achnasheen
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 45°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 56°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 57°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 52°F and nighttime averages of 38°F
- Average annual rainfall for Achnasheen is 1.22 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 57°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 37°F