Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas Admission
Cleaning and safety practices
- Award-winning Wildlife Habitat home to native animals
- Up-close encounters with the area's wildest creatures
- wetlands, rainforest, savannah & woodlands habitats
- Exciting daily feedings & shows with the animals
- Chance to learn about Port Douglas's conservation efforts
Wildlife habitat family ticket in English
Live Commentary in English. Admission to Wildlife Habitat only. Select this option if your group size includes up to 2 adults and 2 children ages 4–14 travelling together. Price is per group.
Wildlife habitat single entry
Live Commentary in English. Admission to Wildlife Habitat only. Select this option if you are travelling solo. Child tickets should be booked in addition.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Children 3 and younger are complimentary.
- The family ticket applies to 2 adults and 2 children ages 4–14.
- This venue is wheelchair accessible.
- The park is open daily from 8 AM to 4PM
- There is complimentary parking available on-site.
- Covid restrictions may apply, please check the Queensland Government Website for up-to-date covid information. covid19.qld.gov.au
What you can expect
Spend a day at the award-winning Wildlife Habitat in Port Douglas and enjoy up-close and personal encounters with some of Australia's most exotic flora and fauna. Get great insight into the lives of these wonderful critters, ranging from koalas and kangaroos to crocodiles and tropical birds.
Explore 4 different environments—each home to unique residents—that mirror natural habitats and focus heavily on conservation. Start in the wetlands, where you can go behind the scenes to learn about wading birds and meet native icons like the kangaroo and the cuddly koala. Next, move on to the rainforest, where you can head high into the canopy and keep an eye out for the shy and endangered cassowary, a flightless bird, as it forages for food in the undergrowth.
Finally, discover the savannah here you can come face-to-face with an enormous saltwater crocodile as it basks in the sun and take the opportunity to hand-feed a friendly wallaby. If you want, choose to dine among tropical birds by adding breakfast or lunch to your experience.
Dive into the aquatic territory of the mighty Estuarine Crocodile at Wildlife Habitat’s CrocArena. New in 2021, this off-the-scale experience is the only one of its kind in Queensland and allows guests to swim eye-to-teeth with these terrifying apex predators and live to tell the tale!
The CrocArena grandstand has seating for around 300 people and allows for clear elevated viewing of the CrocArena pools and presentation area. It also features a unique underwater view of the croc pit, giving guests the opportunity to watch a feed from the most unique perspective of all, that of potential prey!
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Hand sanitiser provided
- Individually wrapped food options available