West MacDonnell Ranges Half - Day Tour
Cleaning and safety practices
- The West MacDonnell Ranges half-day tour is an excellent opportunity to explore the panoramic landscapes of the West MacDonnell Ranges. View spectacular outback scenery and take photos as we travel along through magnificent Outback Country, stopping at the many historical locations. Tour attractions include hotel pickup, Anzac Hill, John Flynn's Grave Historical Reserve, Simpsons Gap, Standley Chasm and return to your hotel. Option for drop off at Alice Springs Desert park at the end of your tour.We provide Alice Springs and its surroundings sightseeing tour services in Northern Territory. Our tour operations concentrate a maximum of ten travellers. It is not only just sightseeing tours but also you get to know about Alice Springs. Our tour operators are knowledgeable about the local geology, history, climate, flora, and fauna of the McDonnell Ranges and Alice Springs. Our tour operations are full of fun, flexible, and affordable services provide for your satisfaction.
West MacDonnell Ranges Half - Day Tour 08:00
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transport
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum number of travellers expect for a particular date. If there is no minimum number, we may propose another date or pay full refund.
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
- Departure time: 8:00 AM
What you can expect
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Anzac Hill Road, Alice Springs, Northern Territory Australia
Our first visit of the day is at Anzac Hill, where you will be able to take in panoramic views over the town of Alice Springs and the surrounding MacDonnell ranges. You may be able to capture one photo to cover the entire town. Anzac Hill is a memorial dedicated to those who served in Australia’s defence forces during all international wars.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: John Flynn's Grave Historical Reserve, Larapinta Drive 7kms to the west of Alice Springs near Mt Gillen, Alice Springs, Northern Territory 0870 Australia
Your next stopping will be at Flynn’s Grave Memorial, the resting place of Reverend Flynn, the founder of Royal Flying Doctor Service. We make short stopping to relax and enjoy the changing colours of the magnificent West MacDonnell Ranges and get some photos.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Simpsons Gap, Burt Plain NT 0872, Australia
Simpson Gap features the towering cliffs of Simpsons Range, a permanent waterhole and opportunities to spot resident wildlife, ancient Red River Gums with a taste of Central Australia. Simpsons Gap is a significant site to the local Arrernte Aboriginal people and was the mythological home of giant goanna ancestors.
We will take you on a short, easy walk alongside a picturesque dry creek bed that leads to a dramatic gap in the MacDonnell Ranges and a waterhole rich in native wildlife, flora and geology. Sometimes you may even spot you might see Black-footed Rock-wallabies along the walking track into the rocky slopes gap.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Standley Chasm Angkerle, Larapinta Drive, West MacDonnell National Park, Northern Territory 0872 Australia
The next stop on your exploration of the West MacDonnell is a picturesque walk at Standley Chasm. After Mrs Ida Standley, who in 1914 became the first school teacher in Alice Springs, this place was named Standley Chasm. Walking access to the dramatic 80m sheer rock-face of the chasm is along a well-maintained trail (1.2km/15mins each way), following the natural creek bed with seating & interpretative signage. Angkerle Atwatye, “the Gap of Water”, is a striking geological formation with significant botanical, bird-watching & wildlife photography appeal.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Hugh NT 0872, Australia
After Standley Chasm on our way back, you will enjoy unusual features of the natural landscape, the unique micro-climate in this valley has created some distinctive features, such as ancient Cycads and a myriad of rock types and pebbles that are thousands of years old, washed down from miles upstream. On your return journey, relax and enjoy the changing colours of the magnificent West MacDonnell Ranges. Finally, you will conclude with your trip and dropping you back at your hotel.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Gear and equipment sanitised between use
- Contactless payment for service charge and add-ons
- Social distancing measures in place
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Temperature checks available
- Masks required
- Hand sanitiser provided
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms