Uncharted Escapes in Parnitha Mountain Park Small-Group Tour
Cleaning and safety practices
- Parnitha National Park with panoramic view
- Semi-private safari tour up to 6 persons per vehicle
- Offroad routes through dense vegetation
- Coffee, tea or juice
- Lunch with traditional Greek food and wine
Escape in Parnitha Mountain Park in English, includes Food Only
Live Commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- The trip is ideal for everyone who is looking for an experience beyond the ordinary, youth groups, single or couple participants, families with older children, and companies.
- The trip has guided stops every 30-40 minutes, for everyone convenience
- We reserve the right to make minor changes in the programme when considered necessary. For example in case of unfavorable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
- The pick-up time is estimated. You will be informed for the exact pick-up time
- The Trip is not recommended to people suffering from car sickness, have mobility or kinetic problems, for childs younger than 6 years old and we don't provide baby seats.
What you can expect
Escape in Parnitha National Park in a semi private safari tour up to 6 or 8 persons per vehicle.
Mount Parnitha is a densely forested mountain range 40 km north of Athens. It is offered as an ideal place for the residents or guests of Athens city, as it provides the opportunity to enjoy nature and it is the perfect relaxation place from the constant city stress for its guests. Parnitha national park is full of pine and fir forests. It is a true oasis for many species of wildlife, such as red deer, foxes and many kinds of birds, as well as it is the main getaway during the hottest summer days and a vast snow-covered playground during the winter.
Our Day starts after the pick-ups from the hotels or a point close to the indicated hotels if the car access is not possible. We will follow the national road which leads to Parnitha Mountain and on the way we will pick up our morning coffee or tea or juice.
It will take us less than an hour of driving to leave Athens noisy city-centre and enter to the entrancement of the mountains. Our first stop will take place at 600m altitude at Lake Beletsi which is an artificial lake that seems to belong in a fairytale. The landscape resembles the Alps and is not at all reminiscent of Athens, Greece. Continuing our route in Parnitha Mountain we will follow a unique off road route through the forest full of pine trees, goats, chapels, monasteries and natural springs. After our little adventure we will approach Avlonas Village. Crossing the village and heading onwards, the mountain adventure starts again through an off road route to Voutima wildlife refuge. The uniqueness of the terrain, the dense vegetation, rare species of endemic plants, the different kinds of mammals and species of birds are spread in smaller or larger areas of the mountain. Reaching the west slope of Parnitha Mountain, a panoramic breath-taking view of Saronic golf with the islands of Salamina and Aigina will appeared in front of us.
Driving on the asphalt road and enjoying the panoramic view of Saronic from above, we will arrive at Hasia village and working up an appetite. We will visit a traditional Greek tavern where we will be welcomed by the owner. He will introduce us to Greek Mediterranean cuisine with plenty of food, wine and warm Greek hospitality.
After our lunch break we will follow the road back to Athens through villages before reaching the city of Athens.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travellers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Masks required
- Hand sanitiser provided