Self-Drive 1-Day Grand Canyon Whitewater Rafting Tour
Cleaning and safety practices
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Transport option is only available from Las Vegas. Transport is not available from Flagstaff or Sedona, Arizona.
- Please note: rescheduling within 30 days of date of travel will result in a USD$25 fee per person.
- Important: In order for local operator to confirm this tour ALL traveller names must be provided as they appear on a government issued ID such as a driving licence or passport. Your tour will not be confirmed unless all names are provided.
- All travellers MUST bring a government issued ID on the day of the tour
- We recommend you wear shorts and a T-shirt made with fast-drying material and a swimming costume underneath. Also, wear tennis shoes or river-type sandals (not flip-flops) and sun block.
- We recommend you bring a light backpack, a hat with a retention strap, sunglasses, waterproof or Ziploc bag for your camera, and money (for souvenirs and tips). Please do not bring valuables.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
- The only place that a face mask is required is on the Bus ride to the base of the Grand Canyon. We supply a mask for everyone in your group. If you are a self driver you will receive your mask from the tour operators at the meeting location.
- Returns to original departure point
What you can expect
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grand Canyon National Park, Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
Your native Hualapai guide will guide you through class 3 to class 6 rapids on your 40-mile (64km) journey through the Grand Canyon. Stops are made throughout the trip so you can discover hidden canyons and waterfalls, including Tavertine Waterfall. A boxed lunch is included which you can enjoy in the solitude of the canyon. Be sure to bring your camera for incredible photo opportunities!
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Lake Mead National Recreation Area, 10 Lakeshore Rd, NV 89005
As we raft down the mighty Colorado we flow from the Grand Canyon National Park into the Lake Mead National Recreation Area where the tour ends at Pearce Ferry, Arizona.
Duration: 2 hours
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Gear and equipment sanitised between use
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Temperature checks available
- Masks provided
- Hand sanitiser provided
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms