Rock Climbing & Abseiling Tour
- Professional guides offering instructions for all skill levels
- Learning the basics of belaying & rap jumping
- Delicious lunch with your group to maintain energy
- Rock climbing & abseiling in Melbourne's great parks
- Awe-inspiring views of the vast mountain scenery
Rock Climbing And Abseiling Tour
Live Commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- You must be aged 12 or older.
- Children aged 18 and younger must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- If you are pregnant or have back, neck, joint or muscular problems, you should carefully consider whether or not to participate.
- At least 4 people are required for this activity to take place.
- Maximum group size is 6 people.
- Check-in is 15-30 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
What you can expect
Discover the fun and excitement of abseiling and rock climbing on the scenic peaks close to Melbourne. Accept the challenge, step over the edge and climb great heights on this full-day adventure.
Meet your guide at the Victorian Arts Centre Spire and transfer to your climbing site – either You Yangs, Brisbane Ranges or Warrandyte. Upon arrival, a professional guide is available to offer instruction in both climbing and abseiling. You're matched with the right rock according to your skill level, giving you the best abseiling and top-rope climbing experience.
Get into your safety harness while you listen to your instructor's information about the equipment. Guides teach you the basics of belaying, rappelling and setting anchors – then you're ready to climb your way to the top of the cliffs. Enjoy awe-inspiring views of mountains and the surrounding parks from the peak.
After rappelling your way down, join your group for a tasty lunch to refuel. Next, move to your second rock-climbing site, where your instructor demonstrates how to rap jump properly. Try this newly acquired skill as you climb your second rock. Enjoy the thrill of sailing down the rock face again before you are transferred back to Melbourne city.