Private Guide: Meet In Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
Cleaning and safety practices
- The price listed is for the entire van and guide for up to 10 people. We live in Volcano and we are both National Park Certified Interpretive Guides so you are getting the best experience. This tour is available for mornings only, no evenings.We created this activity to make learning about volcanoes budget and family-friendly. There is so much to learn in the Park and so much to see it would be difficult to know how to prioritise if you are on your own. Ride along in our Mercedes van and see video footage of past eruptions. This tour is customised to your and your group's interests. There are easy hikes and more difficult hikes, there is a lot to see and do if you have a little help with your options.Give you and your family an exciting experience you will remember and get more out of the National Park than you would if you were on your own! This is customised to you so book today!Please do not contact us for afternoon tours, many other companies already offer those.
Private Guide: Meet In Hawaii Volcanoes National Park 05:00
Private Guide: Meet In Hawaii Volcanoes National Park 07:00
Private Guide: Meet In Hawaii Volcanoes National Park 09:00
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- As the Big Island’s #1 Private Tour Company, we have an obvious advantage, we ONLY do private tours and we have always specialised in only private, custom tours. Our Mercedes Sprinter vans have separate autonomous air intake and air-conditioning units for the passenger area of the van.
- Returns to original departure point
What you can expect
Lava is back! In Halemaumau Crater! You can see the glow from lava when it's dark and sometimes you can see lava during the daylight as well. For the BEST experience see it at sunrise, book the 5 AM start, then have breakfast at the Volcano House after the tour. Or leave the driving to us and book our Kona Volcano with a pickup on the west side of the island. Please do not contact us for afternoon/evening tours, we love the Park, we do not enjoy it when it is crowded.
This Park is a World UNESCO Heritage site, get the most out of your visit to this treasure. On this tour, you will learn about Hawaii volcanoes, walk through lava fields, see video footage of eruptions, learn about native plants and birds. We do a minimum 1-mile walk on a paved path, we are happy to recommend trails.
You will see all the best sites at the Park, we will show you the best places to see the glow if you want to stay in the Park and wait until dark.
Dress code: closed-toe shoes, a light jacket. This tour is available for mornings only.
• Halemaumau Trail, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Island of Hawaii, HI
• Kilauea Volcano, Island of Hawaii, HI
• Devastation Trail, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Island of Hawaii, HI
• Chain of Craters Road, Island of Hawaii, HI
• Kilauea Iki Trail, Crater Rim Drive, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Island of Hawaii, HI 96785
• Sulphur Banks, 99-165 Crater Rim Drive, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Island of Hawaii, HI
• Volcano National Park, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Island of Hawaii, HI
• Nahuku - Thurston Lava Tube, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Island of Hawaii, HI 96718
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Gear and equipment sanitised between use
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Temperature checks available
- Masks required
- Hand sanitiser provided
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms