Private Delphi Full-Day Tour
Cleaning and safety practices
- Exploring an epicentre of ancient Greek culture at Delphi
- Site of the Oracle housed in the ancient Temple of Apollo
- Mythological legends & stories of ancient Greece
- Picturesque views from the mountainside village of Arachova
- Personalised attention & commentary from a private guide
Private Delphi Full-Day Tour in English
Live Commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Whispers audio devices will be given to you in order to keep social distance guidelines inside the archaeological site without missing any word of the fascinating narration of our guide. Mini Whispers are thoroughly sanitised from our staff and inside the charging cases with UVC lights.
- Transport vehicles regularly sanitised and all sensitive touch areas such as seats, armrests, sidewalls, overhead bins, etc. are intensively cleaned and sanitised.
- The guide and the driver will wear a mask throughout the duration of the tour while face masks are required for travellers also.
- Our staff is trained in the latest hygiene protocols and cleaning procedures and use personal protective equipment (face masks/shields and optional gloves).
- The temperature and wellness of all those participating in the service (guide, driver, staff) will be monitored daily.
- Children 17 and younger must be accompanied by an adult. Children 3 and younger are complimentary.
- Maximum group size is 6 people.
- You must be able to walk on unpaved or uneven terrain.
- The departure time of the tour can be operated any time from 7:30 AM to 10:00 AM. You will receive confirmation of your exact tour start time when you call to confirm your reservation.
What you can expect
Spend a day exploring some of the most important archaeological sites of Greek history in Delphi. Hear famous myths and legends from your guide, see where the Oracle spoke in the Temple of Apollo, and visit the sacred waters of the Castalian Spring.
Begin your day with convenient hotel pickup and head towards Delphi. On your way, pause at the Castalian Spring. Castalia was a nymph transformed by Apollo into a fountain, according to ancient mythology, and those who drank of her waters could be inspired to create divine poetry.
Continue to the centre of the ancient Greek world, the imposing site of Delphi. Admire the monument of the Argive kings, the Stoa of the Athenians, the Polygonal Wall, and the Temple of Apollo—famous for the Oracle as well as its renowned theatre.
Then head to the Delphi Archaeological Museum. Follow your guide and discover the many ancient artefacts found within. You can even pause to admire relics from the ancient Oracle which represent the centrepiece of this extraordinary museum.
Travel to your next stop, the picturesque village on a mountain, Arachova. This stunning village is perched on the southern slopes of Parnassus. Stroll through the town and marvel at its attractive hand-woven carpets, rugs, and quilts. Stop for lunch and perhaps try their famous local wine and cheese.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travellers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Protective shields in place at main contact areas
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Masks required
- Hand sanitiser provided