Premium Tongariro Alpine Crossing Guided Trek
Summer Guided Walk 08:00
Summer Tongariro Alpine Crossing guided walk leaving from the Adrift Tongariro base at 8:00am
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people is required for this tour to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Minimum age is 10 years
- If you are travelling alone please book as the tour does generally meet minimum numbers, especially on good weather days
- A reasonably good level of fitness is required. If you are concerned about your fitness please let your guide know before commencing the walk
- Transfers from Taupo, Turangi, Ohakune and Whakapapa Village are available on request for an additional charge. All transfers require a minimum of 2 people. We do not offer Ohakune transfers in winter.
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Summer Gear List: Water (1-2 litres), Personal medications (e.g. Asthma Inhaler, blister protection etc), sun hat, sun cream, sunglasses, backpack per person, hiking boots/shoes, walking trousers, 1 light top and 2 warm top layers (wool, merino, thermals, fleece, soft shell etc. are good layers), Waterproof raincoat.
- Winter Gear List: Water (1-1.5 litres), Personal medications (e.g. Asthma Inhaler, blister protection etc), sun cream, sunglasses, backpack per person, hiking boots, thermal longs and/or walking trousers & over-trousers, 3 warm top layers (wool, merino, thermals, fleece, soft shell etc. are good layers), Waterproof raincoat, Warm hat and gloves.
- It is essential all clients phone the Adrift Tongariro base between 10:00am - 5:00pm the day prior to trip date to confirm tour departure time and discuss exact timings. +64 7892 2751.
- Tour starts and finishes at the Adrift Tongariro Base. Transport between the Adrift Tongariro base (53 Carroll St, National Park Village) and the activity are included in the price.
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travellers
- Returns to original departure point
What you can expect
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tongariro Alpine Crossing, Off State Highway 48 Mangatepopo Valley, Whakapapa Village, Tongariro National Park New Zealand
A great one day walk
Duration: 9 hours
Stop At: Mt Ruapehu, Tongariro National Park New Zealand
Stunning volcanic mountain
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tongariro National Park Visitor Centre (Whakapapa Visitor Centre), State Highway 48, Whakapapa, Tongariro National Park New Zealand
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Adrift Tongariro, 53 Carroll Street Tongariro National Park, National Park Village 3948 New Zealand
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Mount Ngauruhoe, Tongariro National Park, Turangi New Zealand
A steep volcanic mountain showcased on Lord of the Rings as Mt Doom
Duration: 1 hour