New Orleans Demonstration Cooking Class & Meal
Cleaning and safety practices
- Take an entertaining and informative cooking class at the New Orleans School of Cooking! Located in a renovated molasses warehouse built in the early 1800s, this cooking class brings you to the heart of New Orleans’ French Quarter. Learn the basics of Louisiana cooking from professional chefs and learn how to make classic New Orleans specialities such as gumbo, jambalaya and pralines. Enjoy the finished delectable dishes accompanied by complimentary beer, iced tea and coffee, and take the recipes home with you!
10am Demo Thursday 10:00
10am Demo Thursday: Corn & Crab Bisque, Shrimp Creole, Bananas Foster & Pralines
2pm Demo Thursday 14:00
2pm Thursday: Gumbo, Jambalaya and Pralines
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please note: This is a demonstration class only; there is no hands-on training
- Near public transport
- Transport is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 34 travellers
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travellers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Some dishware is disposable. Beer now served in tins instead of shared jugs. Staff will be wearing face shields. There are designated standing areas.
- Returns to original departure point
What you can expect
Food is considered one of the defining elements of Louisiana’s culture, and there's no better way to experience New Orleans than to taste it! During your New Orleans cooking demonstration class, embark on a sensory journey in the kitchen to discover Louisiana's rich tapestry of culinary influences – French, Spanish, Native American, African and Indian – as they blend into modern- day Cajun and Creole cuisine.
Your cooking experts will demonstrate how to prepare classic New Orleans specialities such as gumbo, jambalaya and pralines, and will season them with history, trivia and tall tales. Learn the basics of Louisiana cooking and discover the array of spices used in this unique cuisine.
Enjoy generous samplings of the demonstrated items, as well as complimentary coffee, iced tea and beer. At the end of the class, take home the recipes to show off your new skills to your friends and family!
• New Orleans School of Cooking, 524 St. Louis Street, New Orleans, LA 70130-2118
• French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
• Corn and Crab Bisque
• Shrimp or Chicken Creole
• Crawfish Etoufee
• Bread Pudding
• Bananas Foster
• Pecan Pie
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Masks required
- Hand sanitiser provided