Mount Kilimanjaro Full-Day Hike with Lunch
- Scenic hike up the highest mountain in Africa
- Stunning views over its 3 volcanoes: Kibo, Mawenzi & Shira
- Forest trekking to Mandara Hut at 2,750 metres (9,000 ft)
- Accessible route for all levels of hikers
- Expert guide ensures safe & informative hike
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- At least 2 people are required in each booking for this activity to take place.
- Tips are not included and are left to individual discretion.
What you can expect
Venture out for a day's hiking on Africa's highest mountain, at 5,900 metres (19,300 feet) above sea level. Trek the easy-to-walk route of Marangu and admire the stunning views of the three volcanic peaks of Kibo, Mawenzi and Shira, as your guide explains their geology and surroundings.
Depart from your hotel in a seven-seat 4x4 safari vehicle and drive to Kilimanjaro National Park Gate at Marangu. After a briefing from your professional guide, trek through the lush forest up to Mandara Hut, 2,750 metres (9,000 feet) high.
Admire the scenery that surrounds you and pause for photos of the three volcanic peaks. Listen as your guide explains about the mountain's geology. Mawenzi and Shira are now extinct, while Kibo, the highest, is just dormant and could erupt again.
Choose to have a break for a picnic lunch at either a Mandara Hut forest or after your descent to Marangu Gate, approximately two hours away.