What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Summer period is quite rainy in Minsk, so as tour supposes to be walking, we would ask you to take an umbrella or raincoat, if you have one.
- In case you don't, let us know in advance and we will figure it out!
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transport
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travellers
- Victory Square, Plošča Pieramohi, Minsk, Belarus
- Departure time: 3:00 PM
What you can expect
We meet at 15:00 close to LENIN MONUMENT near the Government House on Independence Avenue (площадь Независимости), the address is Soviet street, 11. You can recognise the guide by SOVIET TOUR plate.
During the tour we are going to walk around former Lenin square, visit Main Post Office, where you will have an opportunity to send Soviet postcard to your friends\relatives. Then we are going to go down along Independence avenue to enjoy Stalinist Empire style architecture, while listening to incredible stories of the times of the USSR. You will see the KGB building still exists in Belarus, based in the very centre of Minsk.
Going further, we will visit the soul of Minsk, Centralny Soviet style bar, where locals use to get a shot after a hard day at work and where you can be full of drinks (including alcohol) and local snacks by a very small waste!
Tour finishes on the former main Square of Minsk during Soviet times, where is Huge Palace of Republic and Trade Union House are located.
The tour is created by local enthusiastic team of young guides and officially registered by local authorities: National agency of tourism in Belarus.