Margaret River Canoe Tour Including Lunch
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travellers
- Returns to original departure point
- Departure time: 9:45 AM
What you can expect
Your tour will begin at 9:45 when we will meet at the Margaret River mouth, Prevelly Beach.
Please note we do not pick up for this tour.
You’ll be greeted at Surfers Point where the river meets the ocean.
After our introductions and a safety briefing, we'll launch at 10.00 am, paddling upstream past cliffs, pioneer and aboriginal sites in our stable canoes. Access to the river is very restricted so there are no powerboats and the ecosystem is almost untouched, boasting an abundance of wildlife, unique coastal forests and tranquil waters. Lunch will be served around 1 pm served and includes an exotic selection of wild food tastes from all over Western Australia, including kangaroo, emu and crocodile along with wild nut pesto, quandongs, bush tomatoes and much more. Vegetarians are well catered for.
After lunch, we’ll paddle a little further upstream past forested kangaroo habitats and learn the history of our first native inhabitants and the trials of the famous Bussell family who were among the first European settlers in the region. There will be opportunities for unique photos, fun in the sun before we meander back downstream or race for a bottle of Margaret River wine.
• Margaret River Mouth Viewpoint, Wallcliffe Rd, Margaret River WA 6285, Australia