Fairytale Loire Castles & Wine Tasting: Full-Day From Paris
Cleaning and safety practices
- Enjoy a day trip from Paris to the Loire Valley
- Visit the inspiration for Disney’s ‘Beauty and the Beast’
- Includes free time for Lunch in the quaint town on Blois
- Taste different types of wine at the Château de Chenonceau
- Small groups of 25 people or fewer per guide
Guided Loire Valley Castles Day Trip with Wine Tasting
Explore the heart and soul of the French countryside on this small-group Loire Valley Day Trip, taking you directly from Paris into this stunning region to explore the fairy-tale castles of Chambord and Chenonceau. Enjoy free time in the town of Blois, home of the Château de Blois, one of most prestigious Renaissance monuments in France. Discover a wide range of wines with an expert wine connoisseur at the Château de Chenonceau on selected days (Thursdays and Saturdays. Live Commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Children 3 and younger are complimentary.
- You must be 18 or older to be served alcohol.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- If you have limited mobility, you should not take part.
- This tour is specifically crafted to respect safety measures and social distancing. Wearing masks is mandatory throughout the tour for all visitors from the age of 11, customers are requested to bring their own mask to the meeting point or access will be denied.
- You must present a Valid ID and either proof of full vaccination (with an EMA-approved vaccine), proof of a Covid-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative test (PCR or antigen) taken no more than 48 hours before the activity starts. They must be presented in English or French.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
- Due to current restrictions, Caves des Dômes is fully closed from January 3rd to February 4th 2022. Therefore, we’ll be visiting another cellar allowing you to taste four regional wines. However, we regret to inform you that the wine tasting is not available on Sundays during that period.
What you can expect
Step out of Paris and into a fairytale, travelling in air-conditioned comfort to the beautiful Loire Valley. This part of France is dotted with magnificent castles that once housed the country’s nobility and on this expertly crafted tour, you’ll get to live like one of them! Sample local wines, and experience some of France’s most beautiful scenery.
From Paris, you’ll head first to Château de Chambord. Disney fans will find this castle’s turrets familiar; it was the inspiration for the castle in ‘Beauty and the Beast’. You’ll learn all about the castle’s captivating history from your guide, before getting the chance to explore its beauty for yourself – and work up an appetite for the next stop while you’re at it!
The next stop - the quaint town of Blois, where you’ll get some free time to enjoy lunch in one of the restaurants located around the beautiful and vibrant Square Louis XII or grab a bite and visit the Royal castle of Blois on your own. This Royal castle once was the home of kings Louis XII and François I and presents a tragic history, as the place is the place where Joan of Arc went to be blessed by the Archbishop of Reims before departing with her army to drive the English from Orléans.
Finally, you’ll visit the elegant Château de Chenonceau. Don’t miss the impressive main hall, which spans the river Cher, or the gardens cultivated by Diane de Poitiers and Catherine de Medici. After the tour, you can continue exploring or indulge in a second wine tasting in the vaulted wine cellar.
Three French castles, each uniquely beautiful and a wine tasting, all amid the stunning scenery of the Loire Valley. This memorable day trip from Paris will delight all the senses!
Cleaning and safety practices
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Masks required