Half Day Volcanic Explorer Guided Walk
Summer Guided Walk 08:00
Half Day Volcanic Explorer Guided Walk Summer 1 October - 30 April. Tour starts at 8:00am
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum 2 people. Individual bookings are welcome, as the tour does generally meet minimum numbers, especially on good weather days. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements.
- It is essential all clients phone the Adrift Tongariro base between 10:00am - 5:00pm the day prior to trip date to confirm tour departure time and discuss exact timings. +64 7892 2751.
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- A medium level of fitness is required.
- If you have back, neck, lower back, joint, or muscular problems, you should carefully consider whether to participate.
- You should have good circulation and healthy, unblocked breathing.
- Tour starts and finishes at the Adrift Tongariro Base. Transport between the Adrift Tongariro base (53 Carroll St, National Park Village) and the activity are included in the price.
- Transfers from Whakapapa Village are available on request for an additional charge. All transfers require a minimum of 2 people.
- Winter tours are from 1 May - 30 September, or when snow and ice are on the trails. Summer crossings are from 1 October - 30 April, as long as snow and ice are clear from the trails.
- Gear List: Water, outdoor shoes with grip, long walking pants, 2 x warm tops and a raincoat.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travellers
- Returns to original departure point
What you can expect
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Adrift Tongariro, 53 Carroll Street Tongariro National Park, National Park Village 3948 New Zealand
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Tongariro National Park Visitor Centre (Whakapapa Visitor Centre), State Highway 48, Whakapapa, Tongariro National Park New Zealand
Tongariro National Park
Duration: 5 minutes