Gass Forest Museum with Lunch - Coimbatore
Cleaning and safety practices
- On this tour visit a Natural History museum that is more than a century old. It was established in 1902 by Horace Archibald Gass, the then Conservator of Forests in Coimbatore. Today the museum is a part of the Tamil Nadu Forest Academy and has over 4,000 exhibits that cover various aspects of forestry and range from insects and animals to timber and non-timber items produced from forests. It is housed in a heritage, colonial style building that is over a century old.Highlights • Heritage building of the museum • Stuffed Indian Bison • Cross-section of a 456 year old teak tree
1-8 Travellers 09:00
Price per person for 1-8 travellers
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- Consider wearing comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Departure time: 9:00 AM
What you can expect
Visit: Gass Forest Museum, Cowley Brown Road Forest College Campus, Coimbatore 641002 India
You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to the museum that is located within the city of Coimbatore.
The century old building that houses the museum stands on the grounds of a lush green campus. As you enter the museum you will notice the life-sized, stuffed Indian Bison that was presented by the last Maharaja of Mysore. The museum has a rich collection of birds and animals like leopard, gazelle, peacock, kingfisher, cormorant, hawks and eagles.
The museum also has a rich collection of rocks and soil samples collected from all over the world. One of the notable highlights of the museum is a cross-section of a 456 year old teak tree. The museum also has a large collection of insects and butterflies. Articles manufactured from forest products are also on display here.
After the visit to the museum, enjoy lunch (drink excluded) at a local restaurant. After lunch you will be dropped back at your hotel.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Gear and equipment sanitised between use
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Masks required
- Hand sanitiser provided
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Coimbatore Kerala
- Gass Forest Museum, Cowley Brown Road Forest College Campus, Coimbatore 641002 India Traveler pickup is offered We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point within city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable. Airports Coimbatore International Airport - CJB, Airport Rd, Peelamedu, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641014, India
- Coimbatore Tamil Nadu