Full-Day Abel Tasman National Park Walking Tour with Lunch
- Full day to discover a spectacular New Zealand National Park
- Moderate walking trails past diverse forests & tranquil bays
- Opportunities to observe native plant life & abundant birds
- Natural beauty of Pitt Head, Cleopatra's Pool & Torrent Bay
- Expert guide to lead the outing & share stories of the area
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- You must have a reasonable level of fitness and be able to walk on moderate terrain for up to 4 hours.
- This activity includes transport in a water taxi.
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place
- Roundtrip transport is available from all centrally located Nelson City hotels.
What you can expect
Trek through Manuka forests, gaze out on turquoise bays, and encounter abundant bird-life as you immerse yourself in the coastal splendour of Abel Tasman National Park. Spend the day exploring a series of walking trails with an expert guide, who shows you the park's natural treasures.
Depart from your Nelson hotel in a comfortable luxury vehicle, and then transfer into a water taxi for the second leg of your journey to Abel Tasman National Park. Once you arrive at Medlands Beach, set out for a day of invigorating exercise, embarking on moderate trails through rolling hills and sprawling forests.
Clamber over a swinging bridge, and wind your way through thick clusters of silver ferns, Manuka trees, and Kanuka shrubs. As you wander, a variety of native birds peek through the foliage, filling the air with their lilting songs. Depending on your preference, you might venture to the white-sand shores and aquamarine waters of Torrent Bay, or perhaps make a detour to the glass-like Cleopatra's Pool.
While you trek, listen as your guide reveals titbits about the park's Maori heritage, early settler history, and remarkable bio-diversity. Round out your spectacular day with a loop around Pitt Head to admire the half-moon Te Pukatea Bay before catching your return water taxi.