From Port: Skip-the-Line Acropolis & City of Athens Tour
Cleaning and safety practices
- Visit to the famed Acropolis, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Opportunity to marvel at ruins of ancient temples & theatres
- Licensed local guide, Skip-the-line service
- Free time to explore Plaka & the monuments at your leisure
- Maximum 22 people per group for an intimate experience
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Children aged 5 and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Maximum group size is 22 people.
- Admission fees to Acropolis and Temple of Zeus are not included and should be paid directly to the venue.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
- All guests are required to hold a valid ID or Passport to prove age and nationality
What you can expect
Learn about Athenian ancient history and feel the pulse of modern Athens in the company of a knowledgeable guide while walking next to the stunning monuments of antiquity. Roundtrip transfer to and from the port of Piraeus makes your journey easy and convenient.
But Athens is not just the Acropolis—it's a thriving metropolis with much to explore. This comprehensive tour lets you discover the most important landmarks of the historical city centre of Athens, combined with a visit to the magnificent Acropolis and its exquisite monuments. Your guide explains the history of how the Parthenon and other Acropolis monuments were conceived and constructed, by whom and why.
Your skip-the-line tour begins inside the Syntagma metro station, where you make a brief visit to the Metro Station Archaeological Collection and marvel at a variety of artefacts that paint a picture of daily life of ancient Athens. Continue to the House of the Greek Parliament and the Monument to the Unknown Soldier, and watch the changing of the guards.
Make your way to the National Gardens and see Zappeion Hall, a beautiful example of neoclassical architectural design. From this vantage point, see the remains of the Temple of Zeus, whose towering columns have survived thousands of years of theft and pillaging. You also enjoy sights of Hadrian's Arch during this stop.
Reach the Acropolis from the southern slope to avoid the crowds, and get a look at the Dionysus Theatre, whose first performance was held 2,500 years ago.
Begin your ascent and marvel at spectacular views of the city below as your guide offers a detailed history of the monuments of the Acropolis, including the Parthenon, Erectheion, Propylaia, and Nike Temple. The hills of Philopappos, the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, and the Ancient Agora are also visible.
Enjoy ample free time to explore the Acropolis and Plaka and take plenty of pictures before returning to your coach for a hassle-free ride back to port of Piraeus, where your cruise ship awaits.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travellers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Masks required
- Hand sanitiser provided