Binondo: History and Food at Manila's Chinatown | Manila Walking Tours
Binondo AM Tour 09:00
Duration: 4 hours: The average tour is 4 hours, it might change depending on the crowd of the food stops.
Food Tasting: The tour includes 4 - 5 food stops. Food is included in the price
AM Tour: This tour starts at 9AM
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This walking tour includes a moderate amount of walking. it is advised to wear comfortable clothing in a tropical climate.
- Guests are advised to dress casual. A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No mini-shorts or mini-shirt tops allowed. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Near public transport
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Most travellers can participate
- Not recommended for travellers with food allergies (shrimp, eggs, peanuts, etc.)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
- Returns to original departure point
What you can expect
The tour will start at the entrance of Binondo Church and a short background of the foundation of the district. We will then go to different famous food establishments in the area where you could taste authentic and fused Chinese and Filipino dishes. As we go around the area, we will tell you about the incorporation of Chinese culture to the the Filipino culture and what makes this Chinatown a unique one.