Amalfi Coast Day Trip from Rome with Scenic Cruise & Limoncello Tasting
Cleaning and safety practices
- Incredible views of the Amalfi Coast on a scenic cruise
- Private limoncello tasting at a cliffiside lemon orchard
- Time to explore on your own in Positano, Salerno & Amalfi
- Chance to cruise the coast while admiring jewel-box villages
- Comfortable transport from Rome by high-speed train
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Children younger than 2 are complimentary.
- If you have limited mobility, you should not take part.
- This activity is unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriers.
- You must be able to climb and descend 180-200 stairs to reach the lemon orchard. If you would prefer not to participate in the limoncello tasting, you will have free time in Amalfi instead.
- If the boat doesn't run due to weather conditions, you will travel by private car instead.
- Maximum group size is 18 people.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
- Please note that lunch is not included in this service. You will have free time to eat at Positano.
- From August 6th 2021, all Italy sites we visit will require clients and guides alike to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test completed within 48 hours prior to entry. They will also require a legal form of ID matching the vaccination or test results.
What you can expect
Escape by train to the sun-soaked Amalfi Coast, where the lemons are yellower, the villages are quainter, and the views are all the more spectacular. Soak up the romance of Positano, sip homemade limoncello on a farm overlooking the hazy blue Mediterranean, and cruise the coastline in little boat to see the region from the water.
Meet up with your guide and small group in Rome's Termini station and hop on a high-speed train to be whisked to Naples, where you board a small bus for the breathtaking drive to Positano. Stretch your legs with a quick orientation tour with your guide, of the magical town that inspired writers like Shelley and Yeats, and then enjoy free time to shop or linger over a seafood lunch on a sunny patio.
From there, head down to the water's edge and board a boat to motor down the coast to the town of Amalfi, gazing out along the way at the pastel-hued hillside towns and dramatic cliffs that define the region. Start your visit to Amalfi at an organic farm perched high above town—a dreamy locale for sipping bright limoncello, nibbling on a local delicacy, and admiring the view. After some free time to shop and explore, hop back on the boat for the 40-minute cruise to pretty Salerno, where you board the train for the ride back to Rome.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travellers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Masks required
- Masks provided
- Hand sanitiser provided