4 Hour Highlights of Male Walking Tour
Cleaning and safety practices
4 Hour Malé Afternoon Tour 14:00
Secret Paradise Guide
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- The Maldives is a Muslim country therefore we would request female guests to dress with modesty in mind.
- For cruise ship passengers: at time of booking, passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name & docking time.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transport
- Safety has always been important to our business, this is why our guides are Emergency First Responders & Life Guard Certified. We are pleased to offer safe travel and hygiene standards as required by the World Travel & Tourism Council. Full details of our Travel Safely policy can be found on our website.
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travellers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- All our guide team are: Have been trained on HPA (Maldives Health Protection Agency) How to Identify & Manage Suspected cases of COVID19 for Tourist Operations. We offer safe travel and hygiene standards as required by the World Travel & Tourism Council.
- Returns to original departure point
What you can expect
Your tour starts with an overview of Male and the harbour area, a very important aspect of any island nation.
Passing by the oldest school in the city, learn about the education system and why the Maldives has a 98% literacy rate. Visit Hukuru Miskiiy - Old Friday Mosque and the tomb of Abu -al - Barakaath and learn why the Maldives converted to Islam and how the Islamic faith underpins everyday life.
Stop for a refreshing cup of traditional black tea at Royal Garden Café, a popular spot for locals. Housed in a rare example of a ‘ganduvaru’ a nobleman’s house, it provides a great example of traditional dark carved wood interiors.
Stopping at the November 3rd Memorial, hear the storey of how 8 brave military servicemen died in the protection of their country from a terrorist attack in 1988. Wander through Sultan Park, a reference to the time the Maldives was governed by a sultanate with an optional visit to the National Museum. (Note: Entrance fee not included.)
Walking back towards the harbour area, pass by the Grand Friday Mosque and the Islamic Centre, Male's famous architectural landmark and onto Jumhooree Maiden - Independence Square. From here, learn the meaning of the Maldives national flag and pick out key government buildings.
Heading west along the harbour, visit the bustling fish market and the local market, where the sights, sounds and smells will fill your senses. Chat with the local stall holders and taste tropical produce and homemade sweets.
The tour finishes at the top of one of the city's tallest buildings, providing a great back drop to your final tour photo image!
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Temperature checks available
- Masks required
- Hand sanitiser provided
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Malé Male
- Jetty Number 5, Boduthakurufaanu Magu, Malé, Maldives Traveler pickup is offered Rates are reflective of guests joining at Male meeting point. For guest’s joining from Hulhumale or Male International Airport who require to be met by a guide for return transfer to and from Airport or Hulhumale by taxi there is an additional charge. Due to the Maldives Safe Tourism Guidelines we are currently unable to offer day tours to guest's staying on other local islands or private resorts islands. The guidelines also prevent guests who are staying in the Greater Male area from visiting resorts or other local islands for day visits. Airports Velana International Airport, Airport Main Rd, 22000, Maldives Ports Male
- Malé Male