Visitors to Watamu are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its parks.
- There are 28 hotels and other accommodations in Watamu
- The closest major airport is in Malindi (MYD) 16.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Watamu
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Watamu Beach and Watamu Marine National Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Watamu Marine National Park and Bio-Ken Snake Farm.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Watamu. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Jumbo Watamu - All Inclusive - With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale.
- Turtle Bay Beach Club - This 3-star resort features 3 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
Dressing for Watamu
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 88°F and the nighttime average to be 74°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 72°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Watamu is 1.54 inches
- Hottest months are usually February and March with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 70°F