Visiting Waitomo Caves
Visitors to Waitomo Caves are sure to enjoy the restaurants, spas, and local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and quaint setting.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Waitomo Caves
- The closest major airport is in Hamilton (HLZ-Hamilton Intl.) 48.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Waitomo Caves
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Opapake Pa. The city's natural beauty is on display at Aranui Cave, Waitomo Glowworm Caves, and Woodlyn Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Waitomo Glowworm Caves Visitor Centre and Altura Gardens & Wildlife Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Waitomo Caves. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Waitomo Caves Guest Lodge - This 3-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free parking, and a terrace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Waitomo Orchard Estate B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Waitomo Top 10 Holiday Park - This 4-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
Dressing for Waitomo Caves
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 57°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 61°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 50°F
- Waitomo Caves gets about 49.25 inches of rain per year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 46°F