Visitors to Vientiane are sure to enjoy the cafés and riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, monuments, and sightseeing tours. Top sights around the area include Patuxay and Sala Keoku.
- There are 132 hotels and other accommodations in Vientiane
- The closest major airport is in Vientiane (VTE-Wattay Intl.) 5 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Vientiane
Cultural venues in the city include Lao National Museum, Oot Ni Gallery, and Lao National Culture Hall. The city is notable for landmarks like Patuxay, Laos National Stadium, and That Dam. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and such places to visit as Buddha Park and Mekong Riverside Park.
In Vientiane, you'll find 132 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Salana Boutique Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
- Crowne Plaza Vientiane - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
- Green Park Boutique Hotel - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and pool.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Sala Keoku, located 12.5 mi (20.1 from the center of the city.
Dressing for Vientiane
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 58°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 93°F, while the average at night is 70°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 73°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 57°F
- Average annual rainfall for Vientiane is 2.64 inches
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 59°F