Search Thessaloniki, Central Macedonia Hotels from AU$70
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 29 Nov. 2019
Reviewed on 15 Feb. 2020
Reviewed on 22 Jan. 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Thessaloniki, and visitors give high marks for the abundant cafés, seaside, and shopping. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its museums and churches. Top sights in the city include Archaeological Museum, OTE Tower, and Museum of Byzantine Culture.
- There are 82 hotels and other accommodations in Thessaloniki
- The closest major airport is in Thessaloniki (SKG-Macedonia) 11.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Thessaloniki
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Archaeological Museum, Museum of Byzantine Culture, and Thessaloniki Concert Hall. Its historic sites and churches are notable and landmarks include OTE Tower, White Tower of Thessaloniki, and Arch of Galerius. Other notable sights to explore include Tomb of Galerius and Church of Hagia Sophia.
In Thessaloniki, you'll find 82 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Excelsior Hotel - This 5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Colors Urban Hotel Thessaloniki - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Daios Luxury Living - This 5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Thessaloniki include Aristotelous Square, Church of Panagia Chalkeon, and Saint Demetrios Church.
Getting Around Thessaloniki
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Thessaloniki Railway Station. Thessaloniki might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Thessaloniki
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 62°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 36°F at night
- Thessaloniki gets about 18.50 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 36°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Thessaloniki?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Thessaloniki, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Thessaloniki?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday to Thessaloniki?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday in Thessaloniki?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Thessaloniki?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Thessaloniki?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Thessaloniki?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Thessaloniki?
Where's the best place to stay in Thessaloniki to learn about local history?
Recent Reviews in Thessaloniki
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Thessaloniki airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Thessaloniki?
- Where to stay near top Thessaloniki attractions?
- More accommodation types in Thessaloniki
- What kind of hotels are in Thessaloniki?
- Which hotel chains are in Thessaloniki?
- What are the most popular hotels in Thessaloniki?
- Are there hotels near Thessaloniki?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends