Search Taipei, Taiwan Hotels from AU$51
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 2 Feb. 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Taipei, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, fascinating museums, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this culturally-rich city can discover its temples, monuments, and hot springs. Top sights in the city include Taipei 101, Baby Boss, and Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall.
- There are 934 hotels and other accommodations in Taipei
- The closest major airport is in Taipei (TSA-Songshan) 2.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Taipei (TPE-Taoyuan Intl.) 31.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Taipei
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include National Palace Museum, National Taiwan Museum, and Discovery Centre of Taipei. Favorite family attractions include Baby Boss and Maokong Gondola. Its temples and monuments are notable and landmarks include Taipei 101, Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall, and Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall.
In Taipei, there are 934 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Luckytree House - With a stay at this 2.5-star hostel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and laundry facilities, along with a free stocked minibar.
- Play Design Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff and location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a free grocery shopping service and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi.
- Eslite hotel - This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its clean, comfortable rooms and room size.
Other favorite sights in Taipei include Taipei World Trade Center, Taipei Botanical Garden, and Longshan Temple.
Getting Around Taipei
With so many choices for transportation, seeing all of Taipei is a breeze. You can access metro transit at Zhongxiao Dunhua Station, Zhongxiao Fuxing Station, and Daan Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Taipei Songshan Station, Taipei Station, or Taipei Wanhua Station.
Dressing for Taipei
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 53°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 60°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 70°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 55°F
- Taipei gets about 3.03 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 54°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Taipei?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Taipei, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Taipei?
What's the best hotel for families in Taipei?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday in Taipei?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Taipei?
What's the best high-end hotel in Taipei?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Taipei?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Taipei?
Recent Reviews in Taipei
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Taipei airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Taipei?
- Where to stay near top Taipei attractions?
- More accommodation types in Taipei
- What kind of hotels are in Taipei?
- Which hotel chains are in Taipei?
- What are the most popular hotels in Taipei?
- Are there hotels near Taipei?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends