Visiting Star City
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Star City, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the football games, restaurants, and university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping and cafés.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Star City
- The closest major airport is in Morgantown, WV (MGW-Morgantown Municipal) 5.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Clarksburg, WV (CKB-North Central West Virginia) 45.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Star City
While football fans may already be searching for tickets, everyone can enjoy a game or event at Dick Dlesk Soccer Stadium. In the area, you'll also find West Virginia University Evansdale and West Virginia University Coliseum.
This is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Mountaineer Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
Dressing for Star City
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 21°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 22°F
- Average annual rainfall for Star City is 43.15 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 22°F