The Arches Guest House is a unique and generous 2 Bedroom Self Contained house with very large and Spacious Lounge/Living and Main Bedroom; High Ceiling; Pool; Sauna; Billiards; Tennis Court and Extensive Entertaining areas, perfect for Families and Friends seeking a central and tranquil location to Explore, have Fun and Relax. Located on the Upper Hunter, The Arches Guest House is a Gateway to the many Local Attractions that the Hunter Valley has to offer, and only 20 minutes drive from the Hunter Valley Wineries.
The Arches Guest House is clean, comfortable and well cared for. For your peace of mind, the guest house is cleaned to a professional standard after each guest. The Arches Guest House is our home for accommodating family when they visit. For the rest of the year we make this home available for guests. You will have the whole house to yourself! It is unique, impressionally large, and private.
Here are what our guests have had to say about our property so far:
"Everything you need is here. We had been really well received in this huge 2 Bedroom house. Everything you need to play is here. Pool is huge, Sauna amazing. We spent a long time enjoying the BBQ area and everything around. Go, you won't regret it! Thank you again to our host, we could have lived there all our life!"
"Exactly what we were after. Hosts are super friendly and helpful. Facilities are amazing, such a gem of a place!! Our group of 6 will definitely be back!"
Simply step outside your door to discover Fun and Relaxation. The Arches was designed for Outdoor Entertaining, creating a seamless flow as you move between the various Entertainment Spaces centred around the pool. With an incredible 160m2 of space to enjoy, The Arches delivers on Entertainment and Relaxation space for your Upper Hunter Getaway.
The 3 Outdoor Covered Entertainment areas prepare your holiday for All-Weather situations:
• An Outdoor Dining area with outdoor blinds and outlook to pool.
• A Barbecue area, poolside.
• The Pool House is an extensive entertainment area equipped with its own kitchen overlooking the pool; Perfect For Relaxing all year round. Whatever the weather brings, you can still enjoy the outdoors with your drinks and BBQ in this furnished pool side retreat.
Looking to unwind, Discover Relaxation. Recline your sunlounge overlooking a huge pool with a Coffee or a nice glass of Wine! Take a leisurely swim. Relax or warm-up in the Sauna. Repeat.
Looking for activities to do, Discover Fun at The Arches. Bring your Inflatables for the Large Swimming Pool! Jump off the Springboard and cool down or work some laps. Have a hit of Tennis (we have some racquets), or try shooting for our soccer goal posts. Try your skills at a round of Air Hockey. Connect with Family and Friends over a Barbecue by the pool. Extend the evening with a late night game of Billiards!
The kids will love lounging in the oversize Main Bedroom watching TV and playing games. The Arches Guest House really does provide a Great Value Choice all year round.
~~FEATURES at a GLANCE~~
• Lounge/Dining - a Very Large Entertainment and Dining area with TV and Billiard Table.
• Main Bedroom - A Very Large and Spacious Bedroom with a Queen Bed, and includes a Sitting area and TV.
• Bedroom 2 - Consists of a Queen Bed and 2 Single Beds. There is a high wall with private door to separate the Main Bedroom from Bedroom 2. Access to Bedroom 2 is through the Main Bedroom.
• Queen size Air-mattress with linen is available as an extra for $10 per night upon request for guests who would like to use the Lounge room for sleeping. Please request at time of booking. The rule of a maximum of 6 paying guests on premises still applies.
• A Portable Cot with linen is available as an extra for $10 per night upon request.
• 2 Bathrooms consisting of Shower and Toilet.
Bathroom 1 is located inside the Guest House. Bathroom 2 (which also hosts the Guest Laundry) is located outside of the Guest House for convenient use with the pool. Located across the small courtyard overlooking pool.
• Kitchen (includes Hotplate, Oven, Microwave, Dishwasher, Fridge, Crockery, Basic Cooking Utensils).
• Laundry with Washing Machine and Clothes Dryer, for your convenience.
• Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning/Heating.
• Covered Barbecue area, poolside.
• Covered Outdoor Dining area with outlook to pool.
• Pool House is a large Covered Entertainment Area with screen and glass doors. It has an Oven, Stovetop and Sink.
• Massage chair
• Large Swimming Pool with Springboard
• Tennis Court
• Soccer goals. Please organise with host.
• Billiard Table 10'x5'
• Air Hockey Table
• Carport (suits smaller cars). Plenty of easy street parking.
• Please provide Names of ALL people on your booking who will be staying in The Arches Guest House with Contact detail.
• All Bed Linen and Bath Towels supplied.
• Swimming Towels not supplied.
• No Pets allowed.
• No Smoking of any substance on premises indoors and outdoors.
• Check-in at 2pm and Check-out at 10am.
• Please be mindful of our neighbours. Quiet after 10pm Sun to Thurs and 11pm Fri and Sat. Pool Floodlights must be switched off by 10pm every night.
• The Arches Guest House is a Self Contained house. Guests are to ensure the Guest House, Barbeque and surrounds remain clean on their departure.
• Maximum of 6 Paying Guests ONLY on premises. No additional people are to be brought onto the premises and No Overnight Visitors permitted. Failure to comply will result in loss of Damage Deposit.
• Premises is monitored by 24 hour CCTV.
• Owner is available for assistance.
• Please assist us in keeping house by reading and following the House Rules attached to our property.
----- Thank you, we look forward to having you as our guests - -
The Arches Guest House is conveniently located in the Hunter Valley Wine Region. Whether you are looking for Outdoor Adventure, Heritage, Entertainment or Wine, The Arches is not far from it all!
We are in the town of Singleton. Singleton was founded in 1820 and remains a proud mining town rich in history on the banks of the Hunter River. Well appointed shops, cafes, restaurants, parks and clubs are a few minutes drive from The Arches Guest House.
>>Distance from Sydney and Newcastle>>
• About 2 hours drive from Hornsby, Sydney (Start of M1, Pacific Highway).
• About 50 mins drive from The University of Newcastle.
• Singleton Train Station is on Munro Lane. The Station is on the Main Northern Line and is served by the NSW TrainLink Xplorer services from Sydney to Armidale and Moree.
• From Central Station to Singleton Station - 3 hours & 10 minutes. Car Hire - Starts from a 7 minute walk from station.
• From The Newcastle Interchange to Singleton Station - 1 hour & 12 minutes. Car Hire - Starts from a 7 minute walk from station.
~~THINGS TO DO~~
• Hunter Valley Wineries – 20 minutes drive. You can book with Wine Tour Operators and arrange to be picked up from The Arches.
• Walking distance to McDonalds, Hungry Jacks, Subway and Pizza Hut and 700m to KFC.
• Singleton Town Centre - a few minutes drive.
• Information Centre - 2 minutes drive.
• Kid's Parks and Sporting Ground – a few minutes drive or enjoy a walk.
• Hunter Valley Gardens - 20 minutes drive. A celebration of nature featuring diverse plants. They have a Rides zone for kids and are host to signature events including the 'Christmas Lights Spectacular'.
• Concerts in the Hunter Valley Wine Country – 30 minutes drive. You can book with private Operators and arrange to be picked up from The Arches.
• Singleton Historic Society Museum – 2 minutes drive. A local museum with lots to see and well organised.
• The Sacred Spaces Museum – 3 minutes drive. Located inside the Sisters of Mercy Convent built in 1892.
• Australian Army Infantry Museum – 30 minutes drive. Well-displayed and detailed information about Australia’s military history. Hosts a small café.
• Put your Shoes on for ‘Singleton Walking Routes’ and ‘Singleton Heritage Walk’ to experience Colonial Buildings or alternatively do the listings drive and locate the ‘Historical Houses’ and ‘Singleton Heritage Churches’ in the area.
• The Singleton Sundial is one of the largest sundials in the world. Interestingly, it was built with convict-hewn stone!
• Horseback Riding in Howes Valley through World Heritage National Parks – 5 minutes drive. They provide Ride and Picnic packages, Cattle Musters, etc.
• Hunter Valley Zoo – 30 minutes drive. A fun and relaxed day out for a Picnic, Animal Encounters, Keeper Talks and Animal Feeding opportunities.
• Lake St Clair - 30 minutes drive. Located in the foothills of Mt Royal National Park. A buzzing recreation area great for Picnics and Water Sports (Swimming, Boating, Sailing, Kayaking, Waterskiing and Fishing).
• Skydiving for an aerial view of the Hunter Valley – 15 minutes drive.
• Hot Air Balloon Rides and Scenic/Helicoptor flights for an aerial view of the Hunter Valley - 30 minutes drive.
• Barefoot Bowls at the Singleton Diggers Club - 3 minutes drive.
• Singleton Golf Club – 2 minutes drive.
• Maitland Gaol – 45 minutes drive. A former Maximum Security Gaol for some of Australia’s most notorious criminals, the gaol is now open to the public providing a diverse range of tours and experiences to showcase over 150 years of history.
• Allyn River in Chichester State Forest - 1 hour & 30 minutes drive. Located in the foothills of Barrington Tops. A scenic place for Rainforest Walking Tracks, Swimming, and Picnics.
• Barrington Tops – 2 hours & 15 minutes drive. Barrington Tops is an ancient landscape on the Australian National Heritage List. Beautiful Rainforests and Waterfalls to enjoy through Walking Tracks, Lookouts, Scenic Drives, Guided Tours and BBQ/Picnic areas. Located near the town of Gloucester.
• Stockton and Newcastle Beaches – 1 hour & 10 minutes drive.