Visiting Serengeti National Park
Visitors can enjoy all that Serengeti National Park has to offer including the safari tours, forests, and lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its university setting.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodations in Serengeti National Park
- The closest major airport is in Serengeti National Park (SEU-Seronera Airstrip) 39.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Grumeti (GTZ-Kirawira B) 66.3 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Serengeti National Park
The city's natural beauty is on display at Serengeti Reserve Institute, Frankfurt Zoological Society, Africa Regional Office, and Seronera Information Centre. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan your trip to Serengeti National Park, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 27 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are a few of the places to stay in the area:
- Mawe Luxury Tented Camp is 30 mi from the center of Serengeti National Park. This 4-star tentalow in Serengeti National Park features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking.
- Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge is 23.8 mi from central Serengeti National Park. Guests who stay at this 4-star guesthouse in Serengeti National Park can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti is located 11.8 mi from the heart of Serengeti National Park. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Serengeti National Park can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its helpful staff and location.
Dressing for Serengeti National Park
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 83°F and the nighttime average to be 66°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 63°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 84°F during the day and 66°F at night
- About 1.26 inches of rain falls on Serengeti National Park each year
- Hottest months are usually October and September with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 63°F