Visitors to Sarajevo are sure to enjoy the cafés. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sightseeing tours, ancient ruins, and jazz scene. Top sights in the city include National Museum of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ali Pasha's Mosque, and Eternal Flame.
- There are 144 hotels and other accommodations in Sarajevo
- The closest major airport is in Sarajevo (SJJ-Sarajevo Intl.) 4 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sarajevo
Cultural venues in the city include National Museum of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bosnian History Museum, and Jewish Museum of Bosnia and Herzegovina. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Ali Pasha's Mosque, Eternal Flame, and Serb Orthodox Cathedral. The city's natural beauty is on display at River Bosna Springs, Vrelo Bosne, and Sarajevo Zoo.
In Sarajevo, there are 144 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Guest house Halvat - This 4-star guesthouse features free WiFi, valet parking, and concierge services. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- Hotel Old Town - Our customers like the helpful staff and WiFi at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Grad - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Sarajevo include Cathedral of Jesus' Heart, Latin Bridge, and Gazi Husrev-Beg Mosque.
Dressing for Sarajevo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 21°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- Average annual rainfall for Sarajevo is 1.26 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 23°F