Visiting Santiago de Compostela
History buffs will enjoy exploring Santiago de Compostela, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its museums. Top sights in the city include Santiago de Compostela Cathedral and Obradoiro Square.
- There are 154 hotels and other accommodations in Santiago de Compostela
- The closest major airport is in Santiago de Compostela (SCQ-Lavacolla) 10.4 from the city center
- The next closest is in La Coruna (LCG) 49.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Santiago de Compostela
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Galería de Arte Contemporáneo José Lorenzo, Fundacion Eugenio Granell, and Fonseca College. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Santiago de Compostela Cathedral, Obradoiro Square, and Galicia Plaza. The city's natural beauty is on display at Alameda Park, Belvis Park, and Santo Domingo de Bonaval Park.
In Santiago de Compostela, you'll find 154 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Casa Grande Do Bachao - This 4-star country house features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hotel Spa Relais & Chateaux A Quinta da Auga - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with a free stocked minibar.
- Hotel Praza Quintana - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Santiago de Compostela Historic Centre can enjoy access to free breakfast and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
Getting Around Santiago de Compostela
With so many transportation options, exploring Santiago de Compostela is simple. Head to Santiago De Compostela Bus Station for metro transit. If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Santiago de Compostela Station.
Dressing for Santiago de Compostela
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 63°F and the nighttime average to be 41°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 42°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Santiago de Compostela is 1.34 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 76°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 41°F