Search Santiago de Compostela, Galicia Hotels from AU$51
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Check Santiago de Compostela hotel prices
Reviewed on 10 Dec. 2019
Reviewed on 29 Dec. 2019
Visiting Santiago de Compostela
History buffs will enjoy exploring Santiago de Compostela, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its museums. Top sights in the city include Santiago de Compostela Cathedral and Obradoiro Square.
- There are 154 hotels and other accommodations in Santiago de Compostela
- The closest major airport is in Santiago de Compostela (SCQ-Lavacolla) 10.4 from the city center
- The next closest is in La Coruna (LCG) 49.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Santiago de Compostela
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Galería de Arte Contemporáneo José Lorenzo, Fundacion Eugenio Granell, and Fonseca College. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Santiago de Compostela Cathedral, Obradoiro Square, and Galicia Plaza. The city's natural beauty is on display at Alameda Park, Belvis Park, and Santo Domingo de Bonaval Park.
In Santiago de Compostela, you'll find 154 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Casa Grande Do Bachao - This 4-star country house features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hotel Spa Relais & Chateaux A Quinta da Auga - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with a free stocked minibar.
- Hotel Praza Quintana - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Santiago de Compostela Historic Centre can enjoy access to free breakfast and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
Getting Around Santiago de Compostela
With so many transportation options, exploring Santiago de Compostela is simple. Head to Santiago De Compostela Bus Station for metro transit. If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Santiago de Compostela Station.
Dressing for Santiago de Compostela
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 63°F and the nighttime average to be 41°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 42°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Santiago de Compostela is 1.34 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 76°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 41°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Santiago de Compostela?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Santiago de Compostela, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Santiago de Compostela?
What's the best hotel for families in Santiago de Compostela?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic getaway to Santiago de Compostela?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Santiago de Compostela?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Santiago de Compostela?
What's the best boutique hotel in Santiago de Compostela?
What's the best hotel in Santiago de Compostela to absorb the local history?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Santiago de Compostela?
Recent Reviews in Santiago de Compostela
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Santiago de Compostela airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Santiago de Compostela?
- Where to stay near top Santiago de Compostela attractions?
- More accommodation types in Santiago de Compostela
- What kind of hotels are in Santiago de Compostela?
- Which hotel chains are in Santiago de Compostela?
- What are the most popular hotels in Santiago de Compostela?
- Are there hotels near Santiago de Compostela?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends