Ok, how do I start? We just left on 24 May and stayed for 13 days except for two nights on the ocean. Like a lot here say…The pictures are not accurate at all. Others are right when they say you can here the music from the clubs near by. We’re not light sleepers so it didn’t affect us.
1. Location is really good, it’s safe and nice restaurants around
2. The staff are friendly
3. The food is pretty good
4. The back yard area is pretty with a good view
5. The price is what you expect for what the rooms ACTUALLY look like (not in the pictures)
Now the Bad:
1. The cleaning staff went through our luggage more than once.
2. Front desk security at night is pointless because they were sleeping behind the counter
3. Door security to your room is basically nothing
4. We only got one hot shower, one warm shower and the rest were cold as hell
5. Toilets don’t flush, had to flush 3-4 times (no joke)
6. Had them wash our cloths, a lot of them came back with grease streaks on them
P.S. when we arrived it was dark out so we weren’t able to get a feel of our surroundings. So when we walked past the basically sleeping front staff, given a key to a $9.00 door lock you wouldn’t even put on a shed, walk into a room that looks NOTHING like the pictures…you get kinda scared.
P.S.S With all that said, after being there for two solid weeks, it is a very safe place and Zona Rosa is very ritzy for El Salvador. After climatizing for a couple days…we had no worries