Visitors to Sal are sure to enjoy the bars and beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's zoo and coffeehouses.
- There are 66 hotels and other accommodations in Sal
- The closest major airport is in Sal Island (SID-Amilcar Cabral Intl.) 2.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Boa Vista Island (BVC-Rabil) 64.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sal
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Shark Bay Beach and Praia de Santa Maria. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Viveiro Botanical Garden & Zoo and Nazarene Church.
In Sal, there are 66 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Morabeza Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Ocean Café Suites - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Dressing for Sal
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 71°F
- Average annual rainfall for Sal is 0.04 inches
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are February and March with an average of 65°F