Visiting Rothenburg ob der Tauber
History buffs will enjoy exploring Rothenburg ob der Tauber, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its local tours, cafés, and museums. A top sight in the city is Rothenburg Town Hall.
- There are 37 hotels and other accommodations in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- The closest major airport is in Nuremberg (NUE-Nuremberg Airport) 68.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Imperial City Museum, German Christmas Museum, and Kathe Wohlfahrts Christmas Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Rothenburg Town Hall, Burgtor und Burg, and Kirchengemeinde Heilig Geist. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Rothenburg Christmas Market is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 37 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Rothenburg ob der Tauber. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Burg-Hotel Relais du Silence - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Rothenburg Old Town can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its clean rooms and location.
- Hotel BurgGartenpalais - Our customers like the dining options and convenient parking at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Rothenburg Old Town features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Romantik Hotel Markusturm - This 3-star hotel in Rothenburg Old Town features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Rothenburg ob der Tauber
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Rothenburg ob der Tauber Station. Rothenburg ob der Tauber may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 70°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- About 0.91 inches of rain falls on Rothenburg ob der Tauber each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F