Visitors can enjoy all that Rabaul has to offer including the volcano viewpoints, waterfront, and seafood restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its small-town vibe. The closest major airport is in Rabaul (RAB) 27.8 from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Rabaul
Places to visit in the area include Ralum Golf Club, War Museum, and Kokopo Market.
Dressing for Rabaul
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 72°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 71°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 90°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- Average annual rainfall for Rabaul is 46.73 inches
- Usually November and December are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 71°F