Visiting Port Hedland
Visitors to Port Hedland are sure to enjoy the waterfront and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas, local tours, and bars.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Port Hedland
- The closest major airport is in Port Hedland, WA (PHE) 4.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Hedland
Cultural venues in the city include Don Rhodes Mining Museum Park, Don Rhodes Mining Museum, and Dalgety House Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and such places to visit as Pretty Pool and Port Hedland Community Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Colin Matheson Oval and Town Observation Tower.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Port Hedland. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Esplanade Hotel Port Hedland - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Discovery Parks – Port Hedland - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this cabin. With a stay at this 4-star cabin, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Hospitality Inn Port Hedland - With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Port Hedland
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 100°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 98°F during the day and 54°F at night
- About 0.55 inches of rain falls on Port Hedland each year
- March and April are usually the hottest months averaging 98°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 54°F