Travelers to Omaha give high marks for the popular zoo, fun sporting events, and popular theater scene. This city also attracts tourists with its gardens, live music, and art.
- There are 154 hotels and other accommodations in Omaha
- The closest major airport is in Omaha, NE (OMA-Eppley Field) 5.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Omaha, NE (MIQ-Millard) 16.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Omaha
Known for its theaters, live music, and art, the city's cultural venues include Orpheum Theater, Omaha Civic Auditorium, and Holland Performing Arts Center. Attractions like Hot Shops Art Center, Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters, and Fremont & Elkhorn Valley Railroad Museum & Depot are fun for kids of all ages. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Westroads Mall, Shadow Lake Towne Center, and Oak View Mall.
In Omaha, you'll be able to select from 154 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha Airport - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha - Millard Area - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Millard can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- EVEN Hotels Omaha Downtown - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Downtown Omaha can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Getting Around Omaha
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Omaha Union Station. Omaha may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Omaha
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 13°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 14°F as the nighttime average
- About 30.63 inches of rain falls on Omaha each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 16°F