Visitors can enjoy all that Nhulunbuy has to offer including its parks. The closest major airport is in Gove, NT (GOV-Nhulunbuy) 10.6 from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Nhulunbuy
A couple of favorite places to visit are Arafura Park and Nhulunbuy Town Pool. Additionally, you'll find Yirrkala Arts Centre and Mulka Project in the area.
As you plan your getaway to Nhulunbuy, you may not find the perfect accommodations in the city center, but below are lodging choices around the area.
- Walkabout Lodge is 1.6 mi from central Nhulunbuy. This 3.5-star hotel in Nhulunbuy features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and an outdoor pool.
- Bremer Island Banubanu Beach Retreat is 9.1 mi from the center of Nhulunbuy. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star lodge in Bremer Island can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with a private balcony.
Dressing for Nhulunbuy
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 90°F and the nighttime average to be 74°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 69°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 67°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 92°F during the day and 69°F at night
- About 49.96 inches of rain falls on Nhulunbuy each year
- Hottest months are usually November and December with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are August and September with an average of 68°F