Search Moscow, Moscow Oblast Hotels from AU$51
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 27 Aug. 2020
Reviewed on 26 May 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Moscow, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, popular theater scene, and abundant cafés. This city also attracts tourists with its cathedral, art, and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Red Square, St. Basil's Cathedral, and State Historical Museum.
- There are 915 hotels and other accommodations in Moscow
- The closest major airport is in Moscow (SVO-Sheremetyevo) 26.5 from the city center
- The next closest is in Moscow (VKO-Vnukovo Intl.) 26.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Moscow
Known for its museums, theaters, and art, the city's cultural venues include State Historical Museum, Bolshoi Theatre, and Kremlin Armoury Museum. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Red Square, St. Basil's Cathedral, and Lenin's Mausoleum. Other notable sights to explore include Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts and Cathedral of Christ the Savior.
In Moscow, you'll find 915 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Four Seasons Hotel Moscow - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- Hostel 3 Penguins on Pyatnitskaya - Our customers like the location at this hostel. This 1-star hostel features free WiFi, a library, and laundry facilities.
- Brick Design Hotel - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Basmanny can enjoy access to free breakfast and parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and central location.
Other top sights in Moscow include State Tretyakov Gallery and Novodevichy Convent and Cemetery.
Getting Around Moscow
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Moscow is easy. You can access metro transit at Okhotny Ryad Station, Teatral'naya Station, and Ploshchad Revolyutsii Station. If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Moscow Kursky Station, Moscow Belorussky Station, or Moscow Kazansky Station.
Dressing for Moscow
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 40°F during the day and 3°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 71°F, while the average at night is 26°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 41°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 54°F and nighttime averages of 9°F
- About 25.00 inches of rain falls on Moscow each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 7°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Moscow?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Moscow, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Moscow?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Moscow?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to Moscow?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Moscow?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Moscow?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Moscow?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Moscow?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Moscow?
Where's the best place to stay in Moscow to be near historical sites?
What are some hotels with pools in Moscow?
Recent Reviews in Moscow
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Moscow airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Moscow?
- Where to stay near top Moscow attractions?
- More accommodation types in Moscow
- What kind of hotels are in Moscow?
- Which hotel chains are in Moscow?
- What are the most popular hotels in Moscow?
- Are there hotels near Moscow?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends