Visitors can enjoy all that Morioka has to offer including the museums, monuments, and parks. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its zoo.
- There are 38 hotels and other accommodations in Morioka
- The closest major airport is in Hanamaki (HNA-Iwate - Hanamaki) 30.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Akita (AXT) 79.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Morioka
Cultural venues in the city include Morioka Children's Museum of Science, Morioka History and Culture Museum, and Fukazawa koko Nonohana Museum of Art. The city is notable for landmarks like Ishikawa Takuboku's Residence when newly married, Otaya Shimizu Cold Spring, and Yotsuya Church. The city's natural beauty is on display at Iwate-koen, Takamatsu Park, and Morioka Zoological Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 38 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Morioka. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Metropolitan Morioka - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a 24-hour business center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- Hotel Metropolitan Morioka New Wing - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and 2 bars, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Route-Inn Morioka Ekimae - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its WiFi and location.
Getting Around Morioka
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Morioka Station. Morioka may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Morioka
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- Average annual rainfall for Morioka is 47.44 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 27°F