Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Maxwell, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices. Brownes Beach, Barbados Parliament Buildings, and Kensington Oval are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodations in Maxwell
- The closest major airport is in Bridgetown (BGI-Grantley Adams Intl.) 7.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Maxwell
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Maxwell Beach and Turtle Beach. In the area, you'll also find Brownes Beach and Barbados Parliament Buildings.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Maxwell. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bougainvillea Barbados - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and quiet location.
- Sandals Barbados - All Inclusive - Couples Only - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this resort. With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Meridian Inn - This 2.5-star inn features free WiFi, free parking, and concierge services. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Kensington Oval, located 5 mi (8 from the city center, and Crane Beach, which is 8.3 mi (13.3 away.
Dressing for Maxwell
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 67°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 69°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 69°F at night
- Maxwell gets about 46.57 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually May and September with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are February and March with an average of 68°F