Visitors to Marburg are sure to enjoy the university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches, cafés, and spas.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Marburg
- The closest major airport is in Frankfurt (FRA-Frankfurt Intl.) 85.5 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Marburg
Cultural venues in the city include Marburger Kunstverein, Universitätsmuseum für Bildende Kunst, and Universitätsmuseum für Kulturgeschichte. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Alte Universitat, Old Town, and Landgrafenschloss. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Town Hall and Synagoge.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Marburg. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- VILA VITA Rosenpark - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an indoor pool.
- Hotel & Restaurant Stümpelstal - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Hotel Marburger Hof - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Marburg
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Marburg Station or Marburg Süd Station. Marburg might not have as many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Marburg
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 29°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and 33°F as the nighttime average
- About 23.11 inches of rain falls on Marburg each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 74°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 31°F