Visitors to Longreach are sure to enjoy the local tours and museums. This city also attracts tourists with its walkable and relaxing setting.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Longreach
- The closest major airport is in Longreach, QLD (LRE) 5.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Longreach
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Outback Pics, Qantas Museum, and Australian Stockman's Hall of Fame and Outback Heritage Centre. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Longreach Region Visitor Information Centre and Anzac Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Longreach. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Kinnon & Co. Outback Accommodation - With a stay at this 3.5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
- Longreach Motor Inn - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this motel. This 3.5-star motel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Albert Park Motor Inn - With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Getting Around Longreach
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Longreach Station. Longreach might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Longreach
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 100°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 65°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 100°F as the daytime average and 58°F as the nighttime average
- About 15.98 inches of rain falls on Longreach each year
- December and January are usually the hottest months averaging 99°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F